Monday 15 August 2011

A few Words Before the Actual Conference….

Before I join CSC, I never dream I would get a chance to visit the ASTD conference so I was really looking forward to attending the conference in Orlando.  Knowing that 5 other colleagues from other BUs are coming along is even better; that means I will have kaki to share and explore stuff together J
For the Preconference Workshop, I chose Disney’s Approach to Inspiring Creativity.  Disney is one of the few companies that have managed to keep up with times and continue to attract families to its Disney parks and movies and remain profitable.  I figured they must have got something right and I may be able to learn a trick or two from them. 
For the main conference, to stay focused, I decided to chose talks/lectures related to Learning Design and Facilitation as I wanted to further develop competencies in these areas as they would be useful in my work and also because I will be co-facilitating some classes in Cambodia later this year! 
Wai Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment